Tuesday 26 May 2015

Bicester Village to Oxford

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته and good day!

The initial plan of this day was supposed to be going to Cambridge and experience some punting. But because the weather has not been on our side for the past few days, my parents thought punting may not be the best idea especially my grandad could not stand the cold.

So, because my sister has been annoyingly persistent wanting to go to Bicester Village (she didn't want to follow us to Cambridge anyway), so I thought why not we all go there together and unleash the beast of shopping. 

We arrived quite early in the morning at Bicester village. Unlike Cheshire Oaks that we went to during Bank Holiday, there weren't a lot of people here seeing that it was during the working days. So parking was quite easy to find. Especially if you are a family with small kids, there will be plenty of available parking at the front.



Beautiful. Even the entrance is beautiful.


Bicester village is more suitable for people with money to burn. It's a place for high end products, the really most expensive ones that you can think of. The price here is cheaper than the stores, of course. But the range is starting from a hundred. So imagine.

The only cheap and interesting while affordable store that I'm mostly interested in is just Cath Kidston. You can get half the price as compared to the ones sold at stores.


The outlet is beautiful though. Even the surrounding areas are beautiful.


This is a road heading towards the city.


This is a bus stop. Nice right?

One good thing that I can think of is Bicester Village has a prayer room or as they call it as contemplation room.


They even have ablution areas. Super convenient.


It's located inside the baby changing room.


The prayer area is super comfy too. However, we encountered a snobbish arab who may have an 'arab supremacy' type of mentality where they think they are the 'best' muslim and others now nothing of Islam. 


Anyway...we didn't let one bad egg spoil our day. No sir!

The whole time we were there (other than shopping for cath kidston bags), I just accompanied my grandad, sitting and waiting for others to finish shopping. 


For those who didn't know or maybe had only guessed, my grandad is an actor. Used to be huge and widely known as Anjang Aki. While accompanying him, there were some malays that recognized him and said hello and chatted with us. Funny thing is, while we were waiting, one of the person we were chatting with turned out to be my dad's old colleague from his old job. Small world. Or is my dad developing the same fame as my grandad? Is it hereditary? Will I get them too??? haha...*harapan*


Moving on..after Bicester village (we didn't spent a lot of time here anyway), we went to Oxford because it's nearby. Just a half hour drive. I felt it might be a waste if they didn't visit the city that is known for it's university.


However, the only thing that we went to see is this! hahaha...thanks to me. This was a last minute plan anyway, plus when we arrived it was already past 4 o'clock and people were heading home from work which made the traffic horrible to bear. 

I made this 'I am shocked' pose and my mum wanted to follow.


Come on mum! That's not a scared face. Why are you smiling?? Try again.

This place is called The Headington Shark. Google it to know more.

Until next time...

No comments: